Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Feeling Very Thankful

I am thankful for the handful of readers who visit my blog. I took a short writing hiatus, and I'm ready to use this blog again as an opportunity to play with words and to express my thoughts.

I am thankful for my improving health; I once again see the world through clear eyes, and I can live in the NOW, appreciating many things, great and small.

I am thankful that my son used cancer as a gift, a wake up call to shed his boyhood and stand as a man. I recognize him as his mother's son (the son who learned the values I taught him), but SO MUCH MORE. He is strong, determined, and he has reached a place in his life where he admits his mistakes. He stands undefended. How many people can do this?

I am thankful for my brother who has become one of my best friends. In addition to common sense, he has a genius mind and a generous ear. He has listened to me whine ad nauseum. His loyalty does not waver.

I am thankful for the opportunity to do "sister" things with my older sister. During this sweet time of life we have found many common interests. We've taken cooking classes together at Sur La Table and Williams-Sonoma; we stroll through gardens, taking our time to photograph the beauty around us. I love to visit my sister's house to see what she has torn out and rebuilt.

I am thankful that my baby sister in Georgia is back online. She shares The Secret with my son and me. We speak the same language. All of our positive energy, especially together, knows no bounds. And we encourage each other to bask in the present and to follow our dreams.

I am thankful for my sister-in-law, who adapted to our crazy family long ago, without losing her own beautiful identity. She is a gentle and caring person whose honesty I can take for granted. I've never had to read between the lines with her.

I am thankful for the babies. Their innocence fills me up and makes my heart dance.

I am thankful for my friend Cathy who is loyal even when I'm difficult. We have stood trial together and those who truly love us have stepped forward. Cathy and I remind each other to breathe deeply. We will be dancing and doing yoga at retreats when our trial is only a vague memory.

I am thankful for my friend Dale. I watched in awe as she went through life-altering challenges while keeping her honor. I've known her forever, and she has grown and blossomed into a woman of beauty and character.

I am thankful for my French-Canadian friend Diane, who has made huge strides since we met. While adapting to her first bi-lingual position, she packed up her large house and found a new one that suits her. Diane's wisdom has inspired and comforted me during some difficult times.

I am thankful for my friend Shawn who is steadfast in supporting me, even when I've given her very little in return. Shawn is a wonderful example of why we should have friends of all ages. Her accomplishments and her maturity amaze me.

I am thankful for my dog Xena, who looks regal, yet soulful. She is a good, loyal girl, and a gentle pet. I love her so much.

I am thankful for my cat Karl, who is clever and scrappy. No one viewing that sweet face could ever imagine how many birds, mice, snakes, or lizards Karl has left as gifts on my door step.

I am grateful to Dr. Saputo, for treating my mind, as well as my body, and encouraging me to look toward good health, no matter how complicated my problems seemed.

I am grateful to Nirinjan, a gifted healer, for helping me become strong and flexible again.

I am thankful that I know what makes me happy at this stage of my life. I love cooking/baking and taking pictures. My friend Doug sent me a link to The Secret when the entire movie was free to view online. I embrace the law of attraction. Thank you, Doug. My friend Jo told me about the Nia Technique of dance. I am 100 percent alive when I dance. Thank you, Jo.

My biggest talent is probably the way that I write. Not necessarily the style of this blog. I'm an idea person who puts a unique spin on what I view as the truth. Stay tuned....

My other talent (gift, really) is to be able to see possibility and to know that miracles not only can happen, but miracles do happen.

I am thankful to God and to a universe that support me. I'm finally able to key into this reality and FEEL loved and supported, whether I'm alone or in a crowd. God, in his infinite wisdom, created our bodies with a propensity to heal. I feel this, and I know this. All we have to do is get out of the way and let our bodies do what they were meant to do. All we have to do is get out of the way and let our minds be happy, instead of clouding our truth with a bunch of muck.

I am feeling very thankful.

No comments: