Sunday, September 16, 2007

Sensuality of Food

I've been cooking more and writing less. This blog is a show-and-tell about my life. I share opinions and stories with photos whenever I can. I'm working on my picture-taking as well.

I made these Lamb Kabobs last night. Lord have mercy. These are so delicious. I can hardly maintain myself. My Greek family is big on lamb. My brother and my son have mastered the art of barbecuing. Here is my contribution to the barbecue experience.



To accompany the lamb, I steamed brown rice with onions and put zucchini and tomatoes in the top tier of the steamer for the last 10 minutes. The meat is also great served in a flour tortilla.

I got my recipe from the Barefoot Contessa on the Food Network. I include the link to her recipe, but I changed it enough to include mine.

Lamb Kabobs

4 lbs. leg of lamb
2 T. minced garlic (4 to 5 cloves)
2 T. minces fresh rosemary leaves
4 tsp. minced fresh thyme leaves
1/2 c. olive oil
1/2 c. chicken broth
2 T. balsamic vinegar
salt
wooden skewers (soaked for an hour)

Cut the lamb in 1-1/2 inch cubes. Combine garlic, rosemary, thyme, olive oil, chicken broth, vinegar and 1 tsp. salt in medium bowl. Add the lamb cubes. Cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate overnight or for up to 2 days. Toss occasionally.

Heat grill with coals. I used the indirect method to cook by putting the meat to the side of the coals for about 10 minutes on each side. And then I put the lamb directly over the coals for about 2 minutes on each side.

Hint: Take some time to smell the fresh rosemary.

Yum-yum yummy. I'm ready for my leftovers right now.

No comments: