Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Kathy Freston's Transformational Meditation: Healing

After trying several relaxation and healing tapes/CD's, I have found one that I value so much, I want to shout it to the world. If you "are in pain, have been diagnosed with a disease, or have general malaise," this CD is for you.

I first saw Kathy Freston on Oprah, discussing her book on relationships called The One. After the show I purchased the book because I thought it would help me shed baggage that prevents me from attracting the right person. Unfortunately for me, the book is designed for someone who is already in a relationship. The premise of the book is that what you put into the universe, you will attract back. I have put this book aside and will do the exercises in it at some point in my future.

But Freston impressed me so much that I looked for other writings by her. Lo and behold, I found her transformational meditation CD's and I purchased two: One on relationships and the other one on healing.

Here is Freston below:



Transformational Meditation: Healing is a wonderful way to spend 20 minutes of the day. Sometimes I listen to it twice.

If you believe in the mind/body connection, give this CD a try. Freston will take you through a short relaxation exercise, isolating the body parts from the toes to the scalp. She uses a perfect tone that will make you go deeper and deeper to open the mind to positive suggestion.

I particularly like her concept of a higher power. She gives enough choices to hopefully suit everyone, and the one that appeals to me is "God's grace." She has you visualize a healing light made of love that soothes and energizes.

Freston has you picture what optimum health looks like, reminding you that healing comes in many forms. Then she asks you to look at what may be blocking your healing.

This concept may bother some people but Freston explains it in a way that does not offend. Perhaps fear, judgment, faithlessness, or self-loathing gets in your way. Yet, this is not about fault or blame, but what the soul is experiencing, manifested by the body. You may need to make a shift or change in order to get well.

For instance, I fear pain. And if I focus on the pain, it naturally consumes me and gets bigger and bigger. Yet, it is not my fault that I got to this place of fear. But recognizing where I am, I want to focus on hope and love, so that my higher self attracts positive experiences back to me. As Freston puts it, I want "all that serves me no good....to let it go."

The questions that Freston puts forth have triggered responses from a deep place inside of me. I keep a notebook and pen next to me, and after the CD has finished, I write down my discoveries. I have been determined to make a shift in my behavior, in order to support my own good health. With Freston's help, I have been able to figure out how to do this.

As Freston says, "When you change, the universe energetically responds." Amen to that. I see evidence of this true statement in a relatively short period of time.

Once in awhile I fall asleep while playing the CD. With other CD's I always fell asleep. In general, this CD keeps me more focused and interested. Sometimes I have trouble concentrating. It does not matter. The subconscious mind does its job. You will still benefit, if you're like me and only partly present.

In future blogs I will write details of my health challenges. Right now I'm focusing on healing, and Kathy Freston's CD is helping me immensely.

No comments: