Monday, January 12, 2009

Welcome 2009

I'm not into New Year's resolutions. Writing and posting my goals are helping me to organize my daily focus. I want to be accountable to more than a private journal or to a list on a piece of paper that gets shoved into a stack somewhere.

At the beginning of 2010--which will be here fast enough--I will check myself. Hopefully, I will have accomplished all of these things, some of these things, or I have put a definite dent in these goals.

These are in no particular order. They are all important to me:

1. Make a Dream Board--as suggested in The Secret--of my aspirations, desires, loves, and dreams. I'm going to use my scrapbook supplies and make it like a collage.

2. Enter the Pillsbury Bakeoff.

3. Walk my dog (Xena) daily--except for Sundays. I live 1.2 miles up a rather steep hill. I want to easily walk down and up by the end of 2009, and I can increase the walk by going up the hill--from my house--as well.

4. I will train Xena, who is a beautiful, smart GSD. She has been naughty lately. She needs more one-on-one time with me; I need more one-on-one time with her. I have much knowledge and experience with dogs. She will be doing long down-stays and healing off-leash by the end of 2009.

5. Organize photos and all paperwork. I will be able to locate every piece of paper in my house.

6. Get my legal stuff together: Since my "estate" attorney passed away, another firm took over his cases. I have purchased Quicken WillMaker Plus 2009. This is the book, not the software, and it contains various forms that a lay person can use without an attorney. I want to make sure that my son and grandchildren are provided for with the few assets that I have. I don't want the government or any attorney taking money that does not belong to them.

7. Pay off credit cards.

8. Have more money at the end of the year than I do now.

9. Spend more time blogging and less time bullshitting on my computer.

10. Be "free" of all medications.

I have other goals and aspirations, but if I concentrate on the list above, everything else should fall into place.

~~~~~

No comments: